Anyone who volunteers within the parish needs to complete the Virtus Training.
If you need to complete the Virtus Training Program, contact Beth Donlon email@example.com
The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People is a comprehensive set of procedures originally established by the USCCB in June 2002 for addressing allegations of sexual abuse of minors by Catholic clergy. The Charter also includes guidelines for reconciliation, healing, accountability, and prevention of future acts of abuse. Download it here:
Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People 2018
Office of Safe Environment Handbook
How to report an incident of sexual abuse to the Archdiocese of Hartford
If you have knowledge or suspect that a minor or vulnerable adult (an adult with an intellectual disability) has been sexually abused, in any manner, by personnel of the Archdiocese of Hartford, you are urged to report this information to:
Faith Vos Winkel, MSW
Victim Assistance Coordinator
- In addition, you will be asked to follow up in writing with a detailed description of the facts involved in
the incident. Specifics of this written report can be found in the Policies and Procedures of the
Archdiocese of Hartford Relating to Allegations of Sexual Misconduct Involving Minors and Vulnerable
Adults. This document is also available online at www.archdioceseofhartford.org
The Archdiocese of Hartford will report any and all incidents to the proper civil authorities.
- Mandated reporters in the State of Connecticut are required by law to report any incident of sexual abuse involving a minor or vulnerable adult. We encourage any Non-Mandated persons to report such incidents to the proper authorities as well. We support your right to do so.
- Incidents involving sexual abuse of minors (persons under the age of 18) should be reported to: State of CT Department of Children and Families Care-line 1-800-842-2288
- Incidents involving sexual abuse of vulnerable adults aged 18 – 59 should be reported to the: State of CT Connecticut Department of Developmental Services AID Division for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities
- Incidents involving sexual abuse of vulnerable adults aged 60 and over should be reported to: State of CT Department of Social Services Division of Protective Services for Elders 1-888-385-4225
- Once a written report of an incident of sexual abuse of a minor or vulnerable adult has been received, an investigation will be undertaken by, or on behalf of, the Archdiocese of Hartford